Welcome to Future Teachers of Onslow
The Future Teachers of Onslow Club – or FTO – is an extra-curricular public school organization operated as a school “club.” FTO encourages young people to choose teaching as a career and provides a means for students to participate in realistic education activities.
SHS Teacher Sponsor - Martha Kelley firstname.lastname@example.org
FTO chapters provide collaboration opportunities among educators, students, and the community. Members of FTO who share in the decision making are participating in a program that recognizes that these priorities should:
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Provide opportunities for community involvement by participation in educational events such as school board meetings and site-based decision-making groups.
- Provide means for students to participate in realistic education activities that assist in making valid career decisions.
- Enhance school-student-community relations through partnerships with educational, civic, and business groups.
- Improve effective communication and leadership skills through FTO.
- Provide opportunities to investigate global educational issues through technology.
- Gain insights into working with children and peers in public schools
- Provide a variety of educational and cultural experiences through active participation in a FTO Chapter.