Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, Minor in Mathematics and Technology
My name is Allison Raynor and I am the Energy Bus teacher for Kinder - 5th grade. I grew up in Jacksonville, NC and attended Southwest Elementary, Middle, and High Schools. After graduating, I attended Coastal Carolina Community College and the University of North Carolina in Wilmington to complete my major of Elementary Education. I have been teaching in Onslow County for a couple of years and I'm enjoying the journey as a new teacher.
What is Energy Bus?
Energy Bus is a program created by Jon Gordon. Students learn how to set and achieve goals, responsibility, the values of life, complimenting each other, dreaming big, setting examples for others, and much more! The students learn 7 Principles throughout the year:
- You're the Driver (Responsibility and choices)
- Create a Positive Vision (Dreams, visions, and goals)
- Drive with Purpose (How do we work for our goals to accomplish them?)
- Fuel your Ride with Positive Energy (How can we keep going even on our bad days?)
- Transform Negativity (Turn the negativity into positivity)
- Love your Passengers (Spread kindness)
- Enjoy the Ride (Enjoy every moment in your life)
This year, I will be incorporating team-building skills into the program so students can not only learn more how to work as a team, but also praise other teams' efforts.