The 2022-2023 JCMS baseball season will begin on March 24th, directly after school. Students wishing to tryout must meet the following requirements (if one of these requirements are not complete prior to tryouts, students will not be able to tryout):
1. Must be in 7th or 8th grade.
2. Must have 10 or less unexcused absences the previous semester AND passed 3 out of 4 core classes and 1 elective class from the previous semester.
3. Must have an updated sports physical signed and dated by doctor (found in JCMS front office). (Please note a sports physical is different than a school assessment form.)
4. Must have an updated parental permission form (found in JCMS front office).
5. Must turn in both completed Covid-19 waiver forms.
6. Must have attended a mandatory parent meeting to watch concussion video/sign off with Coach Staup at beginning of school year or last school year. If you did not attend, please email coach Staup to set up a virtual meeting. This must be done before tryouts.
*If you have any questions about eligibility, please email Coach Staup (firstname.lastname@example.org)*
Students trying out need to come dressed in athletic pants, athletic shoes (cleats if you have some), and need to bring your own glove and water.