1. Must be in 7th or 8th grade.
2. Email your name to Coach Staup to get on the tryout list.
3. Must have 10 or less unexcused absences the previous semester AND passed 3 out of 4 core classes and 1 elective class from the previous semester.
4. Must have an updated sports physical signed and dated by doctor (found in JCMS front office). (Please note a sports physical is different than a school assessment form.)
5. Must have an updated parental permission form (found in JCMS front office).
6. Must turn in both completed Covid-19 waiver forms (found in JCMS front office).
7. Must have attended a mandatory parent meeting to watch concussion video/sign off with Coach Staup at beginning of school year or last school year. If you did not attend, please email coach Staup to set up a virtual meeting. This must be done before tryouts.
*If you have any questions about eligibility, please email Coach Staup (email@example.com)*
PLEASE REMEMBER!: middle school seasons do not last long. It is extremely hard to cover all the fundamentals and work on conditioning. If you wish to make the team, please put in the work now. Run (especially sprint) a lot in the next few weeks before the season begins and work on your dribbling/shooting. The more work you put in now, the better this season will be.
BASKETBALL DRILL: If you do this drill everyday before tryouts, your chances of making the team will improve! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLql0ueNpY