Northside Women's Soccer
NORTHSIDE HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER PROGRAM
Coach- Derek Yates - firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO PARENTS:
Becoming a Monarch soccer player is no easy task and it is a LARGE commitment.
Players are expected to be at all training sessions, fundraiser events, team building, study sessions, etc.
With this said ACADEMICS COME FIRST. If a player is saying that they cannot stay for a soccer game because they have a project due then that person was not responsible with their time (minus extreme situations of course) and will be held accountable for not having the ambition and devotion to their academics to get their work done in the proper time.
- There will be no cussing at any soccer related event. This includes the bus, training sessions, games, restaurants, fundraisers, etc.
- You MUST try hard at all times.
- You must be at all training sessions and required games
- You must follow assignments given (water, cones, balls, uniforms, etc)
- If a player misses training without communicating except for absolute emergencies, that player will have a 1-game suspension. The second time there will be a conference held to determine if she should remain on the team.
- If a player misses training with a reason, but not an excused reason that player will not start and will sit at least 20 minutes of the game.
- If a player misses training with communication and a valid reason, no consequence will be given.
- If a player is late and did not communicate, she will miss the entire game.
- If a player misses the bus, she will miss the entire game.
- If a player misses a game without communication and without an excuse that player will immediately be considered off the team and a conference will be held to determine the circumstances.
- If a player misses a game with communication and an excused reason no consequence will be given.
- Players who miss training and are missing games as a result of that consequence will ball boy for the entirety of that game.
- **NOTE: excused reasons are only emergencies / life altering events**
Behavior issues will be handled in a case by case style. If it requires a more serious consequence the assistant coach and I will have a conference with the athlete and let them know. Grades will be requested at the release of every report card. Any student who is not maintaining the proper academics will not play until they can show a progress report of improvement signed by their parents. Possible consequences can be: sitting half of a game, sitting a whole game, losing a starting spot, being asked to do certain jobs (help line field, ball boy, gathering uniforms), etc.
** Please remember that playing time is not a requirement for High School athletics. Playing time is earned and is not a given right. We try to be as competitive as possible at the High School level. We cannot promise each player will play every game. We do not have a Junior Varsity program for the Spring Soccer season. As such, some players have been asked to help be apart of the growing processes to step into a Varsity role next year. This does not exclude them from being eligible from play and have received a jersey. Every athlete was chosen to fill a TEAM role for the Varsity Soccer program. **