- Spring Break is March 29-April 2. April 5 is a teacher workday. We will see all students back on campus on April 6. We hope you all have a fantastic break!
- Beginning Tuesday, April 6, the first day back from spring break, all students will be returning to the classroom 5 days a week. Click here to access the OCS calendar that was revised on March 17.
- Wednesday, April 21, and May 12 are now teacher workdays.
- April is the Month of the Military Child. Join us as we celebrate with Purple Up Week April 12-16. See the flyer below for the activities.
- We are excited to announce that the Scholastic Book Fair will run April 7-20. Students will be able to browse in person April 12-16 and all purchases will be ewallet or online only. See flyers below for additional information.
- MES will be hosting a Virtual Literacy Night on April 20 at 5:30. More information will be sent home.
- Congratulations to Ms. Williams 2nd grade class on willing the "Spring Into Action" Food Drive. Thank you to everyone for all the dontations.
- There will be a virtual PTO meeting on April 6 at 5:30. All are welcome to attend!
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $22. Purchases can be made online. Information is being sent home.
- The 2nd Tuesday of each month is Cici's Pizza Night. Part of the proceeds will go to Morton Elementary.
- Kindergarten registration will be online again this year and will be open beginning April 5. Please visit the county website for additional information.
- 4th Grade Parents - The $6.00 fee for recorders have been added to your school cash online account. Please log on to School Cash Online to pay that fee. Ms. Johnson will send recorders home when students begin playing.
- The car rider line will close at 8:27 in order to make sure students are screened and in class before the tardy bell. If you arrive later than 8:27 you will need to park and bring them to the front office. Thank you for your patience as we have more students attending school each day and still have to complete temperature checks and screenings.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Parent Tip of the Week:
- Click here for the parent math tip of the week.
March 29-April 2 - Spring Break - No School
April 5 - Teacher Work Day
April 6 - Virtual PTO Meeting (5:30 pm)
April 12-16 - Benchmarks and iReady Diagnostic Testing
April 12-16 - Virtual Book Fair
April 20 - Literacy Night (Virtual)
April 21 - Teacher Work Day
April 23 - Interim Reports
May 12 - Teacher Work Day
May 20 - 3rd Grade Ready and 5th Grade Science EOG
May 25 - 4th and 5th Grade Reading EOG
May 25 - 3rd Grade RTA Test
May 27 - 3-5th Grade Math EOG
May 28 - End of Grading Period - Last Day of School
From the Nurse:
Don't forget your 3 Ws. WEAR your mask. WASH your hands. WAIT to stay 6 feet away from each other. Please email me with any questions or concerns email@example.com
From Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC):
MILITARY PARENTS: April is the Month of the military child. If you would like to thank your child and recognize the sacrifices they make in support of your service, we are asking you record a short video message that will be played in their classroom. A sample message is as follows:
"My name is rank, last name, and I'd like to give a "shout out" to my daughter _______ . ___________, I love you and I'd like to thank you for all you do, so that I can keep our country safe." (You do not have to use this template, this is just a basic format.)
Please send any recordings to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the teacher and student . The deadline for the recordings are March 31, 2021.
Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions regarding the Military Family Life Counseling program, please feel free to contact me at (910) 459-1338.
Military Family Life Counselor
Morton Elementary School
School Cash Online:
The district is providing the option of a new online payment system where fees can be paid online. You can learn more about School Cash Online and how to register at https://www.onslow.k12.nc.us/schoolcash Please contact Meredith Holland with any questions.