Phone: (910) 347-1717
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors in Music - Music Education from UNCG Masters in Educational Leadership from HPU Ed.D in Educational Leadership from ECU (in progress)
Mr. Carl Cruthis
Welcome to Blue Creek Elementary School for the 2023-2024 school year!
I am excited to join the Blue Creek Community this year, it is good to be back in the Southwest area! Please let me introduce myself to you, I am Carl Cruthis, principal at Blue Creek Elementary School. I have served in education for sixteen years, eight as a middle school band director in Greensboro, NC, six as assistant principal at Southwest High School, and the last two years, I have served as principal at Northwoods Park Middle School. I have three children who attend Dixon Middle School and Coastal Elementary and a lovely wife who has served in education as a 1st grade teacher.
As we prepare for the new year, I encourage you to do the following in preparation:
- Follow our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/bceleaders)
- Follow our PTO Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/BlueCreek.PTO)
- Update any contact information that may have changed from last year with our Data Manager, Sonya Ketchersid.
We are building this year's theme around the song A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman. This theme carries many meanings, however, the one that we are focusing on is building A Million Dreams for our Broncos about their future and what school can be. Some of the strategies we will use to build the Dreams of our Broncos are:
- Introduce Houses and Leadership Opportunities - More details to come, it's gonna be GREAT!
- Updating areas of the building and courtyard - We need as much help as we can get to make this happen! Please see below on how you can help!
- Provide supports for our Broncos in the areas of literacy and mathematics. - I will have a parent session during open house to provide you details on how we are increasing instructional support for your student.
As you can tell, I have A Million Dreams for the 2023-2024 school year, and I want you to be part of the greatest school in Onslow County! Be sure to connect with our PTO at their Facebook Page, or reach out at BlueCreekPTO@gmail.com.
I can't wait to see our Broncos, but until then, enjoy summer break and rest up!
Carl Cruthis, Principal
"The Conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends, for his power, on his ability to make other people powerful."