• New Student Enrollment

    Welcome to Dixon High School, the Home of the Bulldogs, where our motto is to Love, Serve, and Care.
    If you have moved within our school boundary, you can come to the Front Office and pick up an enrollment packet, or you can print and fill out the attached forms below.  Please bring the completed paperwork as well as the documentation listed below to our Registrar, Kathy Hardy, in our Guidance Office.  Registration hours are 8a - 1p, Monday through Friday.  You may also email the documents to Mrs. Hardy at katherine.hardy@onslow.k12.nc.us
    You will need to bring the following documentation. It is required in order to enroll your child.
    1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
    2. Proof of guardianship (such as a custody order issued by the court system, pre-adoptive orders, or simply having your name listed on the birth certificate as a parent)
    3. Proof of address (1 of the following):
      • Current water or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
      • Affidavit of residency notarized by the person with whom you are residing. (Attached below.) This person will need to provide proof of address in the form of the most current water or light bill AND a copy of his/her photo ID.
    4. A valid photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
    5. Notarized Discipline Affidavit is required before a child can attend school. (Attached below in DHS Required Enrollment Documents)
    6. Student Registration Form (Attached below in DHS Required Enrollment Documents)
    7. Records Request Form (Attached below in DHS Required Enrollment Documents). We will request transcript and records from your previous school to properly place your student)
    8. Your child's immunization record - You have 30 days from the date of enrollment to provide this.
    9. NC Health Assessment (Attached below. State law requires that every child entering the NC Public School System for the first time must obtain a health assessment prior to starting school. You will have 30 calendar days from enrollment to turn this in.)
    10. Any custody documents (if applicable)
    11. Transcript/records- We will request this from your previous school through the Records Request Form
    12. Any special program information such as a copy of an IEP’s, 504 Plan, ESL/LEP Information, or DEP (for gifted students)


     McKinney-Vento Status

    1. Please contact the school and ask to speak with the school social worker if you are in need of McKinney-Vento services.