How do I become a substitute teacher?
Applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma (a teaching license is not required) and completion of Effective Teacher Training Program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma (a teaching license is not required).
- Applicants must complete the 24-hour Effective Teacher Training Program (ETTP). This course is offered throughout the year. To register, call 455-2211, extension 71336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After completing ETTP, submit a completed online substitute teacher application form along with any other necessary documents (copy of ETTP completion certificate, high school diploma, college transcript/degree, and teaching license-if applicable). Only completed applications will be considered.
- After submitting a completed application packet, you may be contacted to schedule an appointment for a required panel interview if selected as the best applicant. Please be sure to attend your scheduled interview. If you fail to attend your interview, we will not be able to accommodate you to reschedule until the following school year.
- The names of only those applicants selected by the interview panel will be submitted for approval by the Board of Education. If Board approved, applicants will be notified by mail of the employment processing date and time. Applicants must be processed before beginning to substitute teach.
- Pay information: Substitute teachers receive salary checks on teachers' paydays for services performed. The pay rate for licensed substitutes (persons who at any time have held a teaching certificate) is $145.00 per day. The pay rate for non-licensed substitutes is $120.00 per day.
Applications are available online via AppliTrack.