Welcome to Week 7 of Global Studies! This week, we’re going to explore Russia!
- Watch a video from National Geographic Kids where kid explorers check out winter in Russia: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/videos/are-we-there-yet/are-we-there-yet-europe/#/202830403635
- Read some interesting books about Russia on Epic (https://www.getepic.com/students). Login using my code (avn1915) under the Student tab. (If you are having trouble using this code, please email me at email@example.com to get added to my roster.
- This week’s craft is making a paper Matryoshka doll (a Russian nesting doll).
- Watch this youtube video to guess how many nesting dolls are inside this matryoshka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCCy3Ck_0U
- Here is an art lesson with a template to make your own paper version of a matryoshka: http://kathy-angelnik.blogspot.com/2016/05/russian-matryoshka-art-lesson.html?_sm_au_=iVVZDfjD76srMSJSLR3GvKQFv8vG0
- For an art project that doesn’t need printing, see ArtHub’s lesson on how to draw a nesting doll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppaAN5DyfU
As always, if you want to show off your craft, you can email a picture to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add it to my Student Work page!
Stay safe and enjoy some sunshine! I miss you all!
Love, Mrs. Kestner