Degrees and Certifications:

Registration Information for New Students

New Student Enrollment

Welcome to the Trexler Middle School! Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Trexler at (910) 324-4414.



Any child domiciled within Onslow County, who is under age 21 (22 for students entitled to special education services), who has not completed the prescribed courses for high school graduation, and who otherwise qualifies for admission is eligible for enrollment in Onslow County Schools.

Step 1: Find your school

It is very common for people to buy or rent homes in a certain area because of the school their child will attend.  Because of this, it is very important that you locate the correct school based on your address.  Please confirm the school that your child will attend based on your address by clicking here. Should you have additional questions contact our Transportation Department at (910)455-2211.  PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON OTHER SOURCES FOR THIS INFORMATION.

Step 2: Bring the necessary enrollment materials to your base school

Once you know your designated school, please bring the following information directly to the school to enroll your child:

  1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate or other acceptable proof of birth.
  2. Proof of guardianship (such as a custody order, pre-adoptive orders, or simply having your name listed on the birth certificate as a parent)
  3. Proof of address such as:
    • Current water or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
    • Affidavit of residency notarized by the person with whom you are residing.  This person will need to provide proof of address.
  4. A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
  5. Your child's immunization record - for information about immunization requirements.
  6. Any custody documents

While not required, the following information would be very helpful when enrolling your child:

  1. Name, address, and phone number of the previous school (if applicable)
  2. Any student records provided by the student’s previous school such as the most recent report card.
  3. Any special programs information such as a copy of an IEP’s, 504 Plan, ESL/LEP Information, or DEP (for gifted students)

Step 3: Obtain and submit a health assessment (if necessary)

State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment prior to starting school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Onslow County schools and area heath providers.  While technically required at the time of enrollment, you have up to 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30-day period, any child without a health assessment will be prohibited from attending school until the assessment is submitted in accordance with North Carolina state law.