Onslow County Schools
Preschool applications are shared between OCPC and Onslow County Schools. Families only need to complete one application per child for the 2020-2021 school year. Even though the school year has already started, preschool applications are accepted all year long. Your child may be selected at anytime throughout the 2020-2021 school year as long as he/she is on the wait-list. You may contact Maryjean Funkhouser MaryJeanFunkhouser@onslow.k12.nc.us or Joy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions you may have.
Online Applications now available in English and Spanish.
Click on application icon below to start process.
To complete the online application, gather your documents in a digital format (PDF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, Doc, Docx).
See below for a complete list of what you will need for the application.
In order for your child to be considered you must submit the following:
- Completed Online Application
- Proof of income for the last 12 months for all members in the household: 2019 1040 Income Taxes and last current pay stub(s)/LES for 2020, WFFA/TANF computerized printout; 12 months of Child Support computerized printout for all children in the home; SSI; SSDI, SSA, Retirement Benefits, Veteran's Benefits, Alimony, Unemployment, Disability, etc. All income information must be current.
- Immunization information
- Physical Exam (must be completed when child begins school),
- Certified copy of child's birth certificate,
- Proof of address (current electric or water bill) only one (1) is needed.
- Parent/Guardian Proof of Identity: State ID, Driver's License, and Military ID
- ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS IF APPLICABLE:
- Foster Care/Kinship Care Documentation
- Legal Guardian/Custody Papers
- Parent School Schedule
- Disabilities/IEP/IFSp Documents
You are encouraged to apply if:
- Your child lives in the Onslow County School District. Proof of residency is required.
- Your child is 4 on or before August 31, 2020 (for all programs)
- Your child is 3 on or before August 31, 2020n(for selected Head Start classes)
Parents: All children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.