Onslow County Schools
Preschool applications are shared between OCPC and Onslow County Schools. Families only need to complete one application per child for the 2020-2021 school year. Even though the school year has already started, preschool applications are accepted all year long. Your child may be selected at anytime throughout the 2020-2021 school year as long as he/she is on the wait-list. You may contact Maryjean Funkhouser MaryJean.Funkhouser@onslow.k12.nc.us or Joy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions you may have.
Online Application for 2021-2022 school year coming soon!
Online Applications for 2020-2021 school year, available in English and Spanish.
Click on application icon below to start process.
To complete the online application, gather your documents in a digital format (PDF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, Doc, Docx).
See below for a complete list of what you will need for the application.
In order for your child to be considered you must submit the following:
- Completed Online Application
- Proof of income for the last 12 months for all members in the household: 2019 1040 Income Taxes and last current pay stub(s)/LES for 2020, WFFA/TANF computerized printout; 12 months of Child Support computerized printout for all children in the home; SSI; SSDI, SSA, Retirement Benefits, Veteran's Benefits, Alimony, Unemployment, Disability, etc. All income information must be current.
- Immunization information
- Physical Exam (must be completed when child begins school),
- Certified copy of child's birth certificate,
- Proof of address (current electric or water bill) only one (1) is needed.
- Parent/Guardian Proof of Identity: State ID, Driver's License, and Military ID
- ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS IF APPLICABLE:
- Foster Care/Kinship Care Documentation
- Legal Guardian/Custody Papers
- Parent School Schedule
- Disabilities/IEP/IFSp Documents
You are encouraged to apply if:
- Your child lives in the Onslow County School District. Proof of residency is required.
- Your child is 4 on or before August 31, 2020 (for all programs)
- Your child is 3 on or before August 31, 2020n(for selected Head Start classes)
Parents: All children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.