COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information Posted Below:
- Learning From Home: SWMS Online Learning, OCS Guidelines, and District Stance on Distance Learning.
- Student laptop repairs for SWMS students are being processed at Southwest High School. CLICK HERE for more information.
- SWMS Available Resources (student lunches, home internet access, mental health). CLICK HERE for more information.
- Are you having trouble? Do you need resources or someone to talk to? Please reach out to our school social worker, Ms. Sarah Phillips. You can reach out to her by CLICKING HERE.
- Books are available for check out from the school library. Students can SEARCH FOR BOOKS here, and find out how to pick them up.
- Second Washington, D.C. Trip Update on 4-2-20 from Ms. Petrock CLICK HERE (First Update HERE)
- Yearbook sales online: ORDER HERE
- Students interested in applying to AVID should complete an AVID INTEREST FORM.
- Southwest High School registration information for rising 9th Graders CLICK HERE.
COLT CALL - April 6 to April 17
Good Afternoon Parents, students, and staff,
This is Joycelyn Cassidy, Principal of SWMS, with your Colt Call for the week of April 6 to April 17. Any information shared in this message will also be posted on the school website.
Parents and students, Spring Break officially begins Friday, April 10 through Friday April 17. During this time, please take a moment to enjoy the break and weather. Please remember to stay safe and healthy. During this time, there will be NO virtual learning. Teachers will not be sending out assignments, nor will they host any live instruction or office hours. Virtual learning will resume on Monday April 20. In addition, the school building will be closed for pick-up and drop-off.
And in reference to the virtual learning, a shout out to those participants of the Virtual Talent Show. What a great way to break up the stress of social distancing. It’s nice to see all the talented students, staff and even the Fairy Godmother Baker and her remarkable talent. I am in awe!!
When we resume our studies on April 20, don’t forget about logging into your encore classes too. Remember, the grades acquired during this time will be part of the final grading period of the year. Let’s make sure we are getting our assignments completed and turned in either virtually or hard-copy.
Report cards are ready. If you want a hard copy, please contact the school before April 9 to arrange a time to pick up a copy or to request for it to be mailed. Due to limited postal pickup, mailed report cards will not go out before April 10. You are able to access grades through Parent or Student portal in Power School.
The Technology hub will also be closed during Spring Break. They will resume services on April 20. The hours are: 9-12 for drop off and 1-4 for pick up at SWH.
A link has been sent out to our current AVID students that are interested in being in AVID for the 2020-2021 school year. Please take a moment to complete the link so we can better prepare for AVID next year. The link will be open until 4/09.
8th Grade parents and students don’t forget to access the SWH website to get information on classes for 9th graders for the 2020-2021 school year. Directions and a power point is also provided. Students can access the page by clicking on the Our School tab, then Student Services, 2020-2021 Registration Information. A link is also provided to help address questions students and parents may have. The window is now open for registration. Please reach out to the SWH Guidance counselor, Ms. Kimberly Edwards or Mr. Carl Cruthis, Asst Principal.
Mark Your Calendar:
• The due date for applications for the OECHS has been changed to April 7.
• Online ordering for yearbooks has been extended to June. You can place your order through balfour.com. The cost is $30.00
This ends our Colt Call for this week. Please remember, all information in this message will also be available on the school website.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, goodbye!